Friday 5 April 2013

-My first 3 weeks.

Today is the 5th April 2013, I started taking Cerazette on the 16th March 2013, which was the first day of my cycle. I take the pill around 7:30 pm each day, sometimes a little later but no more than 2 hours late. I was really worried about some of the side effects; I've only experienced a few so far. I will look that the side effects and give you more details on them all, especially the most common ones, and if I notice some of the less common ones I will also mention them. 






First of all, when I started taking the pill, my period lasted 9 days, usually it's only 5 days. Although it wasn't very heavy near the end and it looked more like brown discharge (sorry tmi), hardly needed to use a panty liner. I read around and found out that after a few months of taking it things should regulate themselves. They have for my friend who has been on it for over 3 months, she still gets her period, but it's much lighter and only lasts a few days. 

Today I started to experience some brown discharge/spotting, which is 8 days early from my normal period. (If you have an iphone, I recommend an app called period plus, I swear by it, allows me to track and record all my periods, and any changes I've experienced on the pill, also predicts my periods).  However I think this is due to me taking the pill irregularly this week, on Monday night, I took it at 8:00 pm, then threw up, after drinking around 4 hours later, and continued the next day, I think the pill must of been completely out of my system, possibly.. on the Tuesday I took it at around 10 pm and with the recent change in clocks, it seems that that taking it an hour earlier may have had some effects, although it shouldn't, but that's what I found.

Weight gain, another side effect, of course I'm not the thinnest of people, however I am not body conscious, I have a pretty high BMI, although I don't consider myself fat, however I was apprehensive about gaining any more weight. I think the reason why you gain weight is because your appetite goes through the roof, I have been constantly hungry from the first day I started the pill, I've been craving junk food, however I have been trying to regulate this, by doing some exercise and eating healthy, nothing to major, and I think so far I haven't seen much of a change. 

Acne; that dreaded thing.. I have always had problems with my skin (although it's not that bad, and could be covered up with make up, to me it was still awful) especially just before my period, I always get dreadful outbreaks. This was one of the things that made me not want to to the pill, having bad skin has always made me quiet self conscious. I have got into a skin routine before starting the pill and continue everyday, so that I can avoid getting serious outbreaks, although I have noticed I have a lot more acne of my back which I never had before. But for now its not that bad, I have been taking good care of my face ( if you like to know how, just ask I will message you some of my tips, I have plenty). 

Decreased sex drive; if it decreases your sex drive what's the point of being on it? Yes unfortunately it has, only recently though, I no longer enjoy sex as much as I did before. I used to have a very high sex drive before the pill. I can defiantly tell the difference. 

Mood changes; hummmm.. YES. once I'm happy and the next I'm crying over the smallest of things. But then again I've always had mood swings before my periods and during, so maybe it has become amplified because of taking the pill. However it hasn't been every day only on some occasions and it's only recently started as well, it was fine the first two weeks. 

Headache, nausea and breast tenderness; so the last of the most common side effects, I thought I'd put them all in one group. I've only had one or two serve headaches, but they resembled my typical migraines, although they were slightly more serve then my usually, however taking an ibuprofen and took a nap it was soon better. I haven't felt nausea at all or breast tenderness, although I have noticed a slight increase in size, (I'm not complaining). 

 As for the less common ones I haven't experienced any of them. 

I will try respond to any queries and questions, fell free to comment any similarities or other experience, so far my experience has been better than I thought it would be and currently have no complaints so far. I will post back after I finish the first month. 

Hope you found this helpful, share this blog! :D  

Byeee! :D 

3 comments:

  1. Hi i am on day 3 of this pill. stopped bleeding yesterday and now started again. feel rotton :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started today. So they reckon that after 2 days u can have think I will wait a little longer last thing at 42 I need is a caby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also got the worst acne on my back since taking this, really frustrating being told its just 'trial and error' with the pill!

    ReplyDelete